Wednesday, June 13, 2007

UM shifting to Sepang?





UM Fact Sheet
Universiti Malaya in brief






I was schooled on the streets

I know how the ground works in tandem

With money and strong arm tactics

Promising heavens digging up diamonds

Eyes growing big seeing the magic glow

That was years ago

The place I did stand

It had all gone

High rise buildings shop houses

My playground all disappeared

Where is my history now?

It is just a memory

Now the government wants to sell UM

The first university in the country

The history to countless graduates

Lecturers, deans and professors

What will become of our history?

The government for the people

It is only mere slogan

In the hands of the greedy

UM will disappear in our screen

UM is our heritage

The mother of all universities in the country

How could a government do it without soul?

Don’t listen to the businessmen

They don’t know about history

They only know about money

Growing in the banks

So rumor always is true

UM will have no footprints

Like me of my playing grounds

It is just a memory

If UM is really sold

For a place in Sepang

Of feng shui

That must be the magic in the eyes

No comments: