Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A NEW YEAR ARRIVES

Fireworks light up the sky over Kuala Lumpur. Hello 2008!

Fireworks light up the sky over Kuala Lumpur where thousands of Malaysians had gathered to usher in the New Year. Crowds gathered in party spots throughout the city and in many parts of the country to celebrate the birth of 2008.

More...


I dont gather at year end celebrations. I never do. I enjoy my own peace and quiet. Freedom in my own space. Maybe it was my kampong days - free and easy; life flowing without ends, listening to gossips and ghosts stories. When the night moon casting shadows amongst trees and bamboo plants seeing the wind swaying the leaves, it could make the faint hearted feeling the effect of listening too much of the ghosts stories. When I was working in Penang, I stayed at the 2oth floor of a building at Anson Road, I could hear and see the revellers partying till the wee hours of the morning. Majority got drunk anyway. Some of those revellers created havoc like clashing with the police officers.............(Even today in Penang Island it happened again) Now 2007 had gone. Take stock what need to be done. Just remember the good old 2007 learn lessons well. Wishing all of you a better year for 2008.......in Cantonese it sounds 2 times prosperity

No comments: