Friday, January 25, 2008

oh no i am bragging!


When memory fails
I can say I am bragging
Who will know what I do?
I am the king in my house
So I can say what I want

I am not the small fry
I am the lawyer
Connected and highly respected
Amongst the lawyers in town

I had won cases
Highlighted it in the press
My name became known
As the man who could make it happen

So I bragged; so I was drunk
Telling cases I wanted to impress
The clients I deal see what I can do
Judges are with me
You won’t fail your case

When memory fails
The mind plays innocent
‘O I don’t know
I need my experts to tell me so’

The truth is out in the open
When he was drunk, he couldn’t remember
But he could remember he was bragging
To his client and his son
Telling them how connected he is
Amongst the judges

‘I am bragging
I am the king of the house
My castle is my sanctuary’

For a well known lawyer
He is fooling with our minds
The truth for him is hard to say
He takes pot shots digging his own grave
The truth will come
When he finally sees his bragging dies

p/s artwork by mob's crib



No comments: