Tuesday, August 14, 2007

ACA must investigate

I think ACA should investigate the fiasco of Port Klang Free Zone. First will be the cost paid to the company. The government can use the National Land Code to acquire the piece of land for this purpose but it doesnt use it. Why? Imagine buying land for $96 million sold to the government for over $1 billion! This is a corrupted issue on the face value. How could a government pay such an inflated price? Because it is run by the crony's company. The party involve shall not be getting off free of this sad affair in the month of our 50 years of nationhood. How could a Transport Ministry guarantee bond issue detriment to the country's wealth? The Transport Ministry did not follow procedures. It has to come from the Finance Ministry. So again ACA has to find out why rules are not followed? Or has our PM allowed this to happen? I think his usual comment will be "I dont know. I haven't read the report. So I can't comment on it" As I said before he doesnt know anything about accounting management. He should get a competent person to handle the finance. I feel sad of all the money gone to the people who are there to help the rakyat but they dont do it. They do it for themselves. These players had been identified in this fiasco. So it is time ACA walked in to investigate it. If any one is found guilty, charge him/her. If any Cabinet member is involved, charged the person too. There shouldnt be any exception. If the PM has a hand in it, charge him too without fear or favour. Nobody is above the law. Period. In my mind the PM must know. This is a huge chunk of money collected through taxes from the people, then let it wasted in a handful of close ties people. Imagine this amount of money could help the poor thousand times over.............imagine what one could do with this kind of money in hand but I can only dream in my dreaming wagon rolling ever so slowly on the gravel road...

No comments: