Saturday, March 08, 2008

the island of penang


Penang has the fondest memory for me
I know the place; I was there 7 years
Those times I knew people weren’t happy
With the way Koh Tsu Koon leading the state

From easy driving to traffic jams
I can feel the heat thinking about it
Anson Road, Burma Road, Greenlane
Bayan Baru, Tanjong Tokong, Batu Ferringhi
Fettes Park, Mount Erskine

I thought life there could be something
Nay….the rapid pace of developments
Without proper planning killed the island
I had to move saying goodbye………

Komtar feels left out
With other developments taken place
The whole area looks sick and almost empty
And the jams of buses crowding around
The smog surely cut short lives

Now PGCC rears its ugly head
Thinking it could bulldoze the line
Sorry Penang people really got angry
Too many jams lack of clean air to breathe

The inner city erodes
The rich people don’t care
The poor city folks living for decades
They had to go what else could they do?
Renting the place cheap and easy traveling
Now it isn’t any more……

The Island of Penang
She has lost its shine long time ago
Now this election will be the payback time
For Koh Tsu Koon and company to go

Yeah….this time the Penang Bridge is falling down
The people finally get to shower in their glow
A new day a new chapter on the island
Maybe I should make a return visit………
The Island of Penang once meant so much to me

No comments: