Thursday, October 18, 2007

ALWAYS BE PREPARED

This morning I saw a car coolly knocked a black puppy on the road. The car drove away slowly around the housing area while the poor black puppy was howling on its top voice. It happened so fast like a few seconds. I heard a loud thud and I saw a car coolly driven away on the road. Nobody came out to see. The poor black puppy got what it deserved. Running across the road without looking left and right. I saw another black puppy running away to the house which I use to see the puppy there. So I concluded these two puppies were playing on the road like the road is belonging to them. Now one of them learned a bitter lesson. A hurtful bang on its butt I think. One must know the place to roam. Safety is important in any situation. Crossing streets must always look left and right and left again to make sure there is no suddenly a car or motor-cycle cruising by on the road. I give you that even with the precautions of looking left and right and then left again, sometimes accidents or near accidents do happen. It makes you wonder..............I had this experience in Johore Baru many years ago. I was in the largest complex in Johore Baru. After I did my shopping, I started my car drove to the T-junction looking left and right and left again before I drove my car out of the T-junction, then suddenly I heard a car banged into my car. I stopped my car and the other driver stopped his car too. There wasnt any damage caused to my car. He apologised and sped off. So even though I tried to be careful on my driving, it was the other party that one has to be observant. My late scout master said one has to anticipate what the others are trying to do and behave - you play your part but will they play theirs?

No comments: