Tuesday, October 23, 2007

RUBBISH TRUCKS slow repair work

The mayor of city of alor star said out of 19 rubbish trucks 15 were sent for repairs. This was the problem that caused the residents to send bags of rubbish to meet him in his office. The residents in alor star got annoyed after so many months nothing was done to collect the rubbish in the housing estates. He shouldnt cite the breakdown of the rubbish trucks as an excuse to divert attention of his problem. Why do the rubbish trucks take so long to repair? Does he go out to the workshop to inspect it? Is the workshop mechanics competent to handle the rubbish trucks repair? So many months no rubbish collection yet he doesnt take proactive measures to alleviate the residents headaches. He should hire lorries to transport the rubbish. I am of the view the officers just relax in the office and taking long tea breaks or going to long meetings (base on my experience staying in Alor Star......I remembered vividly till today I had to wait for nearly 4 hours for this officer to come. Nobody wanted to help me saying I had to wait for this guy. Eventually I got so annoyed I asked the next guy what must I do to get certain things done in this department or I had to see the MB of Kedah which at that time I knew the MB then so finally he checked for me) I think it happens in most states in the country. The little warlords want to rule but they forget they should provide services to the people. This is what they must do but I guess government officers always ignore that principle. They want to be addressed as TUAN........like the British. I dont find government officers going all the way to help unless you know somebody or somebody of somebody. Even in this district I find many ambulance vans in the workshop some I see for months. Can you imagine what happen if there is a serious disaster happening in this district? Surely there will not be many ambulance vans to ferry injured people or for that matter emergency cases. And the workshop is quite far away say from the GH. Why can't they use the local mechanics in town? It is easy and not so far away. Moreover the officers or the district officer can check on the status of the vehicles......There is always something weak in the administration. Pro-active in delivering services sleep on it people!

No comments: