Saturday, May 07, 2005

about food and drinks

Everyone talk about food. When I heard the radio DJ announced that Penang food is best in the country..Arrrrrgh! Only a few that I could think of. The cendol stalls off Penang Road, Ah Guan apom balik stall in Burmah Road, the People's Park area in China Town and the oldest Restaurant in Burmah Road quite near to Komtar overhead bridge These areas are cheap and delicious. Nasi kandar has lost its glamour. Those areas in Air Hitam or Swatow Lane are the so so type but the Sultan Mee is good ( because at one time Sultan Kedah loved that mee) I should know. I had stayed in Penang for many years before I moved on.

And now the Star paper published about food stalls in Taiping where one can find good food and drinks...This is another story for me. I haven't been to Taiping for a long time..So I guess I should drive to find these food stalls eh?

In Ipoh there are many stalls selling delicious food too. But I am not Ipoh person so I dont really know. I went to Beacon Point in Soldier's Road (Jalan Perajurit) Good and not expensive but I only sampled the pastry..

I guess all the very best food have gone to KL city or in PJ..There are the places where you can sample the delicious food from the best of other states. Because it is easy to make a living in the city where majority tend to lunch out or dine out. Time is for dreaming about money...Men and women, party and sex, extreme loneliness, back biting friends...drugs and booze and the demimonde women...the money scene otherwise you havent arrived..My home state but I ran away I guess it is not my taste I had seen what I wanted to see So it is time to start something new of my life Maybe I come back to my home state to relax.

No comments: