Friday, August 19, 2005

i am out 32

Don’t tell us to just accept bad air Orang Miri Aug 18, 05 1:26pm


My father passed away aged 83 years at the height of the previous haze. The coroner’s report reads that death was due to myocardial infection of the heart. My father’s heart gave out due to the chocking thick haze then. Now, my 40-day-old son voice is hoarse and barely audible due to the current haze in Miri. So pardon me if I do not share the same enthusiasm of some in accepting the haze as an expected, yearly occurrence. Believe me, if anyone, even if they are politicians, were to tell me to just smile and accept the situation, I will not hesistate to visit my fist to their face. So enough of this 'abang, adik' crap. Either go tell the 'abang' or 'adik' over there to do something about it or just bloody shut up and go retire on some golf courses.

This haze problem is with us for the last 2 decades. The government always say we will consult and offer advice to Indonesia likewise the Indonesian government will apologise and truthfully say they will solve the haze issue. It is now becoming the same routine every year. And know what? The same stupid answer from the both government mouth piece - same issue same story I dont think I will see this issue close its business. As long as profits generated companies go, the CEOs of these companies will not bow to any pressure at all. As usual the top guns will issue a pr statement that their companies are responsible and law abiding corporate enitity....then nothing is mentioned again until the next haze laughing at us in the sky...The government of the day should take lawful action on these CEOs and Board of Directors and put them in prison until such time the haze issue is solved! These people only sit in their cool offices.....

No comments: