Saturday, September 20, 2014

for the time will come

The dark lord sits near his fire
With cushions around his seat
Sipping his chilled red wine
He stares to the golden dancing fire
What can I do? What can I do?
My power is seeping away from me!”

He talks to himself
He seems to walk alone now
The court nobles have avoided him
Thinking he brings them bad luck
He looks at the fire
What's so funny, friend?
You give me hot but you can't help me”

The Grand Chamberlain enters quietly
My lord can I talk to you?”
The dark lord turns around and smiles
You are still here?”
Well..where can I go?
I have to stay behind with you”
What you want to talk about?”
The Grand Chamberlain takes a long breathing
My lord, good politics is telling good lies
You know politics is a dirty game in its own right
You have to move and tell your nobles, knights and people
You don't have to stay indoor to worry”

Ha my noble man!
The day of my time is nigh
Look around us
We have succumbed to greed and corruption
The whole lots here will disappear
When the people rise up to muscle in
It is the time of falling empires
My noble man, we have our times
Politics of lies haven't worked to our advantage
Our walls are crumbling of weaknesses
It is better we enjoy it while we can”
My lord wishes..”
The Grand Chamberlain bows and retreats
Shaking his head and praying for safety

For the time will come
Change will bring good cheers
The dark lord knows his time
We lust our times don't we?”

No comments: