Wednesday, July 15, 2020

my old car

I drive the old lady

Along the road

A short distance from home

Giving the engine a warming up


Along the way

A police block set up

The officer asks some questions

Looking at the old car


Show him my car licence

Press the car break

The officer let it go

I drive the old lady home


It is hard to let go

The old car stays with me

For years sharing our memories

Along the North South Highway


Though rust attacks every part of it

The old lady still makes her round

Every car painter tries to do his best

Yet the rust will return within a year


I hardly drive the old lady

I park her at the house

I still keep it in memory

Of the years we clicked together


The years of adventures

Got kissed by a woman's driver in PJ

Got stuck in the flood in Temerloh

Got spin in a haunted quiet road in Mersing


Still one piece

The old lady and I

The memories stay

It's hard to say goodbye


No comments: