Tuesday, January 17, 2006

On the road - Rape and Murdered

When we were young, parents always advice to take care. In the company we keep, places we go or lepak or walking home alone. Every man or woman has different facade. You dont know what will happen on a given day. So when I read report of a 25 year old woman raped and murdered in Sungai Petani, Kedah, it got me thinking about parental advice. Jogging on the road diverting into a secluded spot always hide the bad hats. Bad elements love lonely dark corners. In my kampong days I think I had my schooling. When in a lonely secluded spot always bring your eyes to scout the areas and the mind should be alert. It takes a minute to pull off this job - in a van or behind bushes or trees or big concrete tunnel (s) Although she was jogging with her sister, yet she was raped and murdered. My guess the sister didnt keep pace and thinking it is the same old routine why feel any untoward incident would happen. This is the thinking that got many into real hot spot. I always say that we have only 1 life and 24 hours everyday to stay alert. In between when one feels let down something always happen. Remember the evil loves dark corners of a person's life.

No comments: