Tuesday, April 25, 2006

cameron highlands 3rd visit

This was my 3rd trip to Cameron Highlands. The last trip was 7 months in September 05. This excursion was on 21 April 06 with family groups. It was to celebrate my nephew's birthday. It was raining on reaching Kampong Raja. Then it was drizzling right to Brinchang before it finally stopped at Tanah Rata. We rented 2 apartments and stayed for 2 nights. The housing estate is quiet and flowing of fresh air. In the morning I could hear chirping of birds something like wake up morning call. Cool air circulating with moisture floating which I think I dont get it often in lowlands unless there is a shower or perhaps grass cutting...

We arent really tourists. We dont really visited places but dropped by to the nursery areas to take pictures of various flowers. I went to look at the housing projects thinking of getting a holiday place there. I got brochures to browse through and didnt see any mock-up unit.

The place always never plan to suit the natural environment. It is built as you wish. It destroys the natural ambience of the hill resort. I guess money is the real issue. Get out the gold mine and then leave the empty holes for others to stare and curse it. By then the money has gone to the businessmen leaving just pockets of sentimental values to the nature lovers to walk around. Currently it is slowly going to be destroyed of its natural ambience. It is hot now compared to my 1st visit to the hill resort.

The old Merlin resort reopened as Cameron Highlands Resort. I stayed in the old Merlin for a few nights before. The facade stands as usual no change to it. I didnt see the interior since I was just passing through.

I returned after spending 2 nights in the hill resort. The next round will be my 4th visit which I think will be quite awhile unless I find a place to buy (?)

Malaysia.......oh yes! Too many tea breaks employed!

No comments: