Friday, February 16, 2007

election this year - watch out!

The government is giving out goodies to the rural schools. How is the delivery system going to work? At one time it was said that the school books were too many for the kids to carry every day to school. I remembered Najib was the Education Minister who weighed the books the kids had to carry. After much publicity then, nothing was changed. Today the kids still carry those heavy books to school. I had seen those secondary students carry books....on their hands and sling their bags at their backs. I think I know why. It wont cause lopsided outline on their shoulders. If too heavy on one side, it eventually will cause a disalignment on the shoulder - I mean one side is higher than the other. It happened to me when I used to carry big rubber trees on my shoulder walking a distance of say 5km each day when I was poor living on things I could find and sell. Life then for me wasnt all rosy and shine. It was hard work without knowing how tomorrow would come. Now the government announced these goodies to the rural schools. Somehow I feel it is the government planning to hold the general election when the leaders dished out the goodies to the people. Like Malaysia hit 1 trillion! Look around ourselves. Do our businesses growing? Every body is feeling the heat of the rising cost of goods and services. The only group of people/companies aligned to the government make the most out of it. Yesterday I had to pay $0.50 for a local Chinese tea ice which I had enjoyed a year ago at $0.40 which 2 years ago was $0.30. Now the fried kuey teow too increased by $0.20 to $2.00 previously was $1.80. This has hit the pocket hard for most people in the country. When oil price dropped in the world market, the government didnt bring down the oil price in the country. It is dragging to effect the reduction on the oil price. Mind you when the oil price hit high per barrel, it will quickly help the oil companies to increase price. I dont know what the government is doing. It is suppose to help the people who elected them but they are helping the companies than the ordinary voters who put them in office. I used to vote BN for the elections now I have to review my sentiments on the government/BN. One thing I feel the leaders are just hopeless and weak..they can't even tell a good lie....like Malaysia hit $1 trillion...but what is the bottom line? Now EPF announced that withdrawals can be done in 2 days when EPF upgraded its facilities. It should have done many years ago when computerization came into the field. This is another good news to the members of EPF which translated into another way that the general election will be held this year-maybe in September 07. BN is still scared of Anwar Ibrahim. So if BN government holds the election this year, Anwar can't contest because he has to serve his mandatory 5 years on his trapped corruption charge which I strongly believe wasnt true at all..

No comments: