Wednesday, October 28, 2009

you mustn't lose your name


You mustn't lose your name
When you get married..........
In the good times you float along
You don't care what others say

“I am Mrs Tan
I am Puan Abdul Rahman
I am Mrs Samy
I am Mrs Netto”

Married women
They advertise their husbands
To all and sundry
These women forget own identities

The good times flow
They don't care what others say
They proudly put on the tags
“I am Mrs Somebody”

The working women
Now they are a bit smarter
They address themselves
“I am Mrs Lim-Tan
I am Puan Rohani - Abdul Rahman”

When times are bad
When affairs get out of control
What the married women have to say?
Where is your identity all these years?
When divorce papers signed......
Alone again with your original name
Who remember you?

Then you realize
What a fool to advertise
So married women
Don't forget your name
It is recorded in your ID
Carry it proudly!

No comments: