Sunday, April 11, 2010

the old car


The old car coughs
Many ways in her arsenal
Bolts wires and engine
It sings so familiar tune

She takes me
Every where in her hey days
Now she is growing old
She can't push it any more

Old age comes
Leaking under dashboard
On the front mirror
I can't let her go

Radiator sucks up water
Sent for repairs...nothing happens
Every day or two I will top water up
The old car knows she can't help it

Only at night she gets to drive
She's the night angel now
I take her out only at night
Day belongs to another car

The old car winks at me
We share our bond in those years
Caught in flooding areas
Lost gear bolt in resting station

Yet she never failed me
She always stalled at a proper place
All those years driving the car
She keeps to her mood

Once in highway battery gave up
A van selling battery came
Paid for battery moving on again
She never lets me down

The old car now parks
Only at night she takes me around
Around town and short distances
Her heyday gone only bonding remembered

No comments: