Friday, April 09, 2010

learn the rope


I live through all my life
I never see murders.........
I had seen police brutality
I was a victim of robbery

The years in the village
Gangs and supporters meet
In the village in peaceful co-existence
Only outsiders came to play music

When the Black Maria came
The police like mad drunken chasers
Catching the gangs punched them up
Hauled them into Black Maria

I got first hand account
Of the treatment in police lockup
My siblings were detained
For nothing they never did

Those years in the village
The police just caught you with the gang
They were the village friends
Yet the police would just pulled you in

I live through all my life
Learn the street habits
Learn to defend myself
Work hard for it............

Dream big too
What life could be
Learn the rope
Be better in future

No comments: