Tuesday, June 18, 2013

the last of the birdie


In the morning of the sun
The cat was in the garden light
Nosing around when I was walking
I sprayed water it ran to the palm trees

There I saw it caught another birdie
No doubt it is nature way to go
In the garden it is suppose to be a sanctuary
The cat never learns to appreciate

The mother bird was calling
I guessed the birdie took flight
Leaving the plastic pot nest
On the ground the predators wait

The cat ran away
After receiving a wash down
I looked around the palm trees
I saw the lone birdie hanging on

The mother bird was calling
It stood there taking time
Finally it took flight
Flew to the outside fence

On the road hoping with its mother bird
Picking up some food while showing how to fly
For a few minutes I kept watch
The birdie finally took flight


No comments: