Saturday, January 10, 2009

restaurant 228

The rain fell heavily
While I was eating
In the open air restaurant 228

The wind blew
Swaying left and right
Bashing on the zinc roof
Rattling heavy sound
Like in a rock band
Banging your head
As the music landed on it

The weather became cool
The torrential rain dangling heavy drops
Alas for the gutter grooves!
It overflowed into the restaurant

I was at the end of my meal
The dashing water picking no heroes
Splitting its way into the tables and chairs
A sorry state in the evening business

I left the restaurant
Quickly ran to my car
Ignited the fire revving it up and gone
Driving back to my home

The road was flooded
I didn’t know
My car the experience one on flooding roads
It drove through perfectly
Reaching home wet and in good shape
Then the rain went silent for the night

No comments: