Tuesday, February 16, 2010

the old warrior of the road


The old warrior of the road
White colour so much soot
Months covered with it
She never complains

Years of services
Driving from North to South
East Coast to the islands
Passing through floods

The old warrior when she was young
Shining bright eager to fly
As years took her shine
She eyes me my sadness

Now she serves me
At night when sun goes down
For short drive touching my old warrior
Taking me on the road

Now rust makes appearance
Leaking under the compartment
Though I painted her many times since
The old injuries still make a return

Today I give her a wash
Months I haven't done
Now she is looking better
For the year of the Tiger

I hardy drive her in the day
It is only at night she goes galloping
Only at night she turns alive
The day another one takes the drive

The years still kind to me
My beauties on the road
Driving me around to places I go
So much sentiments I hardly can forget

No comments: