Monday, February 22, 2010

those were the days 6


The city of the lights
I went up to share my work
Those were days in the city
I saw many aspects of human behaviours

Everything was about money
Every word I heard was it so
Every one saying the same routine
Money makes the world!

Amongst the group of women
GROs and mummies linked
These women always telling me
Hit the road then retire peacefully
Married guys don't share the past
It only brings misery..................
They had it all made I thought
Then the mummies told me........

“These young women
Some will go astray
Only a handful will make it
Living happily with families”

Life in the city
It wasn't to make money
Living not so far away then
It was to me an opening

Learning the ropes
Of what people would do
The city life would not wait
It moved quickly taking hearts and souls

Moving in the wrong direction
Life of misery and handicap
It was there for me to see
The life of dreams crushing out badly

I saw an old Malay woman
Way passed her prime
Brokering for her services
In the city where nights never sleep

No comments: