Thursday, September 23, 2010

amina 10


www.photobucket.com










The farmer holds on
Amina comes in time
The neighbour pretty as ever
The farmer wishes in his mind

The young minds peak up
"Elder what does he do?"
He sits on the bench
Rubbing his legs

"Did you see the banana trunks?
The imprint scares me through
Yesterday I saw two women
One of them I knew so well"

"You are talking nonsense
You fell now you told village tales
Dead shall not speak or run farmer
You must be reading too many ghost books"

"You go along take a look
On the banana trunks you will know
I am not telling village tales"
Amina walks leaving him on the bench

The farmer watches her go
The day has become hot in the sun
He tries to think about yesterday
Did he see the truth or just images in his mind?

Amina runs back quickly
"You are right!
I mean there are 2 imprints
One face I recognize any time!"

"Know what does it mean?"
"The women want you farmer
In their world they want you to go"
"Do I have a choice Amina?"

"In the full moon
A red thread will come to you
You mustn't accept it
You will see your own doom"

The farmer bends down
Rubbing his knees thinking ahead
"I heard the story before
When I was a young boy..."

No comments: