Saturday, April 07, 2018

the chicken


The chicken on the run
Release from its cage
It finds freedom
Flapping its wings
Announcing it to anybody
“I am free of my chains!
I can fly over the fence
I can peep the outside”

Once without its protection
The cage he stays for quite a while
The chicken is open to attack
As it flies over the wall
He lands on the ground
A pack of dogs staring in its eyes
“Ooi you must have guts
Coming out to play outside!”
The chicken gulps in despair
“I don't know
Please let me go
I fly back to the wall”

The dogs woof it
“You can't chicken man
You will make a nice roasted meal
We will make it easy for you
Let the sun make the first move”

The chicken flaps its wings
Rising high over the fence
“I am sorry dogs
I am not your kind
I rather stay back in the cage
Stay quiet live a good life”

No comments: