Thursday, May 27, 2010

the split personality

Susan tries to console herself
Tara now disappears
In her place Teresa arrives
“Wah you look the same
How many years I haven't seen you?
Maybe 3 years or so.........”

Susan wipes her tears
“Where's Tara? Tell me Teresa!
What have you done with her?”
“Hold on sister! Who's Tara?”

The police officer walks by
Listening to their arguments
“Hey! Are you gals alright?”
Susan tries to smile at him
“We are fine just family matters”
“Are you sure?
You seem so angry a while ago!”
“I am alright officer”

As the police officer goes away
Susan can't control her temper
“You are Tara now Teresa!
What games are you playing?
Can't you grow up Tara?”

Tara looks away
Years when growing up
She used to play her games
Making fun at her sister Susan
Until it evolves into her
Now Teresa is asserting her influence
Kicking Tara back into the black hole

She stares back at Susan
“Tara has gone
Into the darkness of her doing
She makes me the alter ego
Now you must live with me”

Susan sobs
The police officer runs back to see
“Now what's happening?”
Susan points at her sister........


“You have done so much disturbances in the store
You don't have the liberty to create another one here”
“I didn't do anything officer
We are trying to establish my identity”

The police officer looks at his charge form
“Your name is Tara with a young son
And she is your sister Susan bailing you out”
“It can't be officer There must be a mistake!”

“Why it is in your charge form?
Are you saying you are a different person?”
Tara stares eyes glaring at the police officer
“My name is Teresa and I have no son!”

“Ya right! But it isn't in the charge form
You shouldn't make any more scene lady
I have a lot of work to do
So I appreciate some cooperation?”

Teresa doesn't like what she heard
In the police station she nods her head
“Susan shall we go home now?”
“Alright dear you make me worried”

Teresa smile sweetly
Touching her face and hair
Susan thinks Tara is back
This is her small gestures

As they walk out from the police station
“Tara isn't back Susan
So don't feel so happy about”
Susan stops and eyes teary

“I know you are Teresa
Yet you can't fool me
Tara is still inside your body
You can't ignore her pleas!”

Teresa opens the car door
Sitting in the front seat
“As you wish Susan”
As her sister starts the car


The bungalow house of 3 storey
Lighted up glowing to the sea
The soft breeze blowing through
The parents James and Gloria

Anxiously waiting at the verandah
Eyes peeling towards the road
For the familiar car of dark blue
Driving slowly to a stop.......

“Are they coming?”
“Susan calls saying on their way
I don't know what you will say
For Tara is Teresa now”

“Is she still playing her games?
I remember ages ago she switched her roles
One minute Tara; one second Teresa
Now she becomes serious with Teresa thing?”

“I let you find out my dear
I wasn't around most of their growing up years
So I guess you have a better judgement then me”
“I guess you are right”

“You want tea?”
“Iced tea and some biscuits
As we wait for the dark blue car”
“You are anxious aren't you?”

Gloria goes to her kitchen
Age has been kind to her
She doesn't suffer any physical or emotional abuses
She is as pretty as she was a young woman

She can understand Tara's roles
James never learns what she was before
She used to play a game too
Lara St Giles she used to take

Every guy in school knew
The slut on the side line
Taking on guys with no attachment
Lara was a woman of loose morals

So she smile
“I can relate to Tara
I know what she is trying to do”
As she pours tea picks up ice cubes in the fridge


James smile
As the dark blue car arrives
Susan waves to her father
It has been ages since the last she saw

James looks young
Aging well into his age
He doesn't look 65 years old
Smiling widely seeing his daughters

“Hi Dad!”
“Well good to see you
Susan and you Tara
Or it is Teresa now?”

“Dad!”
Don't play the game
I had a hard time dealing with it”
“So you are............”

Tara looks at the old man
White hair smiling face
Smooth fingers kindly eyes
A firm grip confident flow

“I am Teresa
She says she is my sister
So I guess I am your daughter too
But I don't recall any remembrance”

“Well you have another name
Tara what I can remember
Your mother chose it for you”
“I have a mother?”

“Yeah dear, here she comes!”
Gloria still stunning at aged 55 years old
She gave 2 daughters yet she is a beauty
James always think he is a lucky guy

Though he doesn't admit
He wasn't the first Gloria after
Looking at his beautiful wife
With his tea stunning as ever!

“Hi mom!” Susan smile
Tara only looks at the older woman
So much like her in manners and appearances
“You are my mother?”

“Sure Tara
I carried you for 9 months
Took care of you for decades
You asked me am I your mother?”

“I don't know
You like a lot like me
So I should say I am your daughter
The resemblance in the family eh?”

“You are so right Teresa!
You never miss a bit at all”
Now Tara looks confuse
This old hag knows her well

“Come on Teresa
Walk right in
This is your home
You have forgotten it?”

Tara climbs the familiar steps
The shadowy thoughts come back
The little gestures of her handiwork
Displayed on the walls.........

Fighting back tears
Tara finally appears
“Mom! I am home!
I just can't believe it!”

Gloria and James rush in
“What's the matter Teresa?”
“Mom that was a cheap trick
I used to play that role long ago!”

James eyes glow
“Ah our daughter finally back
You have been away a long time
These paintings always brings you alive”

Susan walks in cautiously
She doesn't want to argue with her sister
“Hi Sunny you too back home?”
Susan runs to hug her sister

No comments: