Friday, May 21, 2010

the love bus

The love bus
I remember one
From KKB to Fraser's Hill
The rickety bus plodding along

The winding road up the hill
The slim Chinese man drove
He felt so at ease driving it up
He could talk eyes away from the road

We called it the love bus
Those years it was the only one
Plying up to Fraser's Hill
Once a day else stay in KKB

Many tourists came
Women the guys would take
Offering places to stay
Jamming in The Tavern

Up in the hill for years
Before I moved out to the city
I do miss those years in the hill
Misty clouds easy life carefree ways

Golf course putting holes
Romance in the cool nights
Of ghost stories on rundown bungalows
Of dead butterflies and bees

The love bus brought
The love of my life to the hill
In a different sort of ways
It connected me back to the city

So I pray
Your love bus will flourish
Into decades to Magick River
Of cool nights whirring whisper

In the far distance
The sweet jamming melody
Of singing and musical playing
Surround by the natural bliss

No comments: