Saturday, November 23, 2013

the old bridge in klang




old klang bridge
borrowed timeoutkl.com



The old bridge I remember
Once growing up in Klang
The double decker bridge
The only one in the country

I used to cycle to school
I cycled about 6km everyday one way
In the early morning battling traffic
On the lower deck of the bridge

Those years ago
I could see pedestrians walking
The early morning crowd
The marketing and morning breakfast

The years kept changing
When I left school a second bridge was built
The old bridge supposed to turn into a night market
But it didn't happen it was left to idle away

Now Klang will get a third bridge
The State government will build it next year
The traffic congestion in Klang is worst now
The population and cars jumping up

I hardly return to Klang now
What I remembered was the easy life then
The cooling weather in those years ago
And the old bridge..


No comments: