Wednesday, November 13, 2019

the male cats staring match



The male cats staring match
The white ginger and black and white
Face off on the higher elevated concrete
Meowing so loudly for the house owners to hear

The female cats sit and don't bother
Maybe they think these 2 male cats have nothing to do
The shouting matches ringing loud in the air
For a couple of minutes the male cats stare each other

I remember once I saw them running together
Chasing female cats on the mating season
They were the tag team sharing the female cats
They were the Casanovas walking proud

They meow so loudly at back lane
I decide to walk over and watch the cats
I recognize the white and ginger cat
I used to give him cat food

It is nearly 2 years he doesn't drop by
I whistle a tune to see whether he remembers
The white and ginger cat stops and listens
He turns around to look at me

He jumps down meowing softly to me
I touch his forehead so he still remembers the tune
Later he walks away leaving the white and black cat alone
The female cats never show any interest on the male cats

I used to feed the stray cats
All the male cats came and gone
Through the years many had disappeared
Now there is only a black cat left from the group

I believe they all died or poisoned
One by one I didn't see jumping over the fence
Leaving only the echo of the names I gave them
Kooti, Jaggut, Long tail, Fei Cai, Comel, Egyptian face

No comments: