Monday, March 19, 2007

town council pay for peanut services

I dont know what my area town council is doing. First a big dustbin was changed to a small one. Daily rubbish collection was changed into a weekly affair. By then the rubbish is piled up and the scavenging dogs do a good job out of it. In my new area it was alternate day for rubbish collection now it had changed to every Tuesday and Thursday. Just imagine after Thursday to Monday there shall be no rubbish disposal in my area. I know the town council may have two rubbish lorries to collect the rubbish in the many housing estates in its jurisdiction. What I had observed there wasnt any good planning involved. The town council officers have the maps and the locations and they come out with a stupid timetable.......it reminds me of the power of the little napoleons in the government machineries either in the state or federal....and we have to pay them yet we get our lousy services from these officers. I always maintain that in every structure of organization do not employ or staff only of one race. It should be a mixture of the many races in the country. Look at our government. It is managed solely 99% of one race....and so I rest my case for another time when I feel annoy with the way things are done. Mind you I had managed one race in my career across the country doing the course of roving employment. I found that those who had mixed with other races during their development years they could be the better workers in any organization be it private or public. I always remembered one of my former colleagues who is a Malay who could speak perfect Tamil. One day we drove to a rubber estate and sort of got lost in our way. We stopped the car and asked a group of Indian guys about how to reach our destination. My Malay friend talked to them in Malay at first. But the Indian guys talked to themselves in Tamil. So he didnt want to miss that he engaged with them in Tamil. I could see how surprise the Indian guys were. They smile - a wide grin and friendly eyes - happy that A Malay guy could speak Tamil. My friend spoke and acted like them. At that time I didnt know he could speak Tamil. I too was surprise as the Indian guys. When I asked him. He explained he stayed in the Indian community long time ago when his old man was working in the estate. My contention that every structure of department should have a mixture of our races and dont staff only with one particular race.....this will be the downfall to the country one of those days...Ah a new university is gearing up in my place. This quiet town will become a populace of learning adults. Maybe I should go back to study since I have nothing to do right now. With over 10,000 students and lecturers and families I can imagine tonnes of rubbish...and maybe I dont see the disposal trucks coming alternate days. Once a week??? Oh currently we park for free for the last 10 days or so. I dont know the reason. Suddenly all the parking tickets were withdrawn without reason. So far I haven't found anything to say except parking for free until further notice....

No comments: