Friday, October 19, 2007

IT WILL BE JUST MEMORIES

In my life I had seen death many times
When I was young my younger sister died
She was a cute 3 years old
I still think about her all these years

Then my maternal grandmother died
I was there to attend her funeral
I walked right to her resting place
I cried all the way
She was the one always defended me
Against my mother
I was the one challenging authority
The years of teen I knew my rights
I never forget what my mother did to me
Luckily I had no scars….

When I was working
I saw my colleague’s father demise
I went there to support
Looking at death
It was nothing new to me

I had seen death many times
No life no soul nothing to hide
It is just a gateway for another chance
Somewhere in a world
Our minds can’t see at all

Then my youngest brother died
Of an illness late in the morning
I rushed home to see him
He was dead body was warm
I kissed his forehead wished him goodbye

Last my brother in law too
Got dengue fever died in hospital
I saw his face balloon twice his size
In death as in sleep
Naturally gone to a place beyond our mind

There were many
In my life I saw
The years of knowing
It will be just memories
In my mind dreaming about them
The shared words and friendship
The laughter and smile
It will come on a lonely spell
This is life for crying out loud!

No comments: