Tuesday, October 16, 2007

PAYING MY LAST RESPECT

Today I drove from Kampar to Pandamaran and back on the same day. I use to do it whenever there is something back in the place I played during my secondary school days. Now Pandamaran has grown into a thriving town of its own. I can't recognize my old hunting grounds no more. In a nutshell my footprints had all been gone. I can never know the place any more. The massive housing projects on Bukit Tinggi and Bandar Botanic have totally transformed the area. Now there are Tesco and Giant and many shops surrounding the area. By end of this year Jusco will open its largest mall in the country. I am now considered the outsider looking into the urban development in Pandamaran. Oh yeah not forgetting about the Istana Zakaria Deros which has made the place hot once again. Not forgetting about the Mona Fandy case where one of her assistants was from Pandamaran. Not forgetting too about the cohesiveness searching of the missing Chinese boy lured away by a woman.....Until today it was reported he is crippled in Thailand begging for alms. By now he should be around 17 or 18 years old. I went back to pay my last respect to my late brother in law who passed away on 15/10/07 from dengue fever. The clinic didnt diagnose it correctly. By the time he was sent to GH he was too late to be saved. He died in considerable pain base on what my sister told me. Road upgrading had nearly completed along Tanjung Malim area. Driving was a breeze though it rained heavily on certain areas. By the time I reached Kampar I was tired already.

No comments: