Monday, March 28, 2011

the small birdies gone

In the night
When I was out for dinner
Started the car out of the house
The small birdies chirping loudly

The strong wind blowing
Putting its mark on very branch and leave
I rolled out with easy of mind
On to the new town

The whirring wind whisper
I never listen to its call
Life rolling on
The crowd of many college students

The echo of conversation
I couldn't pick out the words
The animation of the crowd
The nerd amongst themselves

Back to the house
Parked the car gone to look
The bird cage fell
I knew the worst

One little birdie's head
In between the plastic rods
It was alive living in shock
Two more disappeared

I thought they could fly away
Using torch light to search
A short distance one died
The claw mark on its abdomen

Ants already came
The poor little died horribly
One torch light shone
The other dead without its head

It was a sad night
The little birdies grown up nicely
I suspected a stray cat came
Knocked off the bird's cage hanging high

Now one is still breathing
For tomorrow alone it will be
For the night has its torturing cry
No more its kind to chirp away

No comments: