Tuesday, January 10, 2017

in the market place


In the market place
Everyone has a voice to say
I watch them talking
I listen only the echoes

The fishmongers chopping away
The cleavers cutting on the fishes
The scaling noises as the eyes watch
It happens in the market place

The vegetable sellers stand and look
Some smoke away with boring eyes
Maybe they are tired waking up early
Chasing worms in the dawn

The chicken sellers are busy
Pulling feathers chopping parts
They cut the meat arranged in rows
Even bones are put up for sale

On the dry outlets
The coconuts seem like hot cakes
Every stall will sell the coconut milk
Freshly squeezed increasing costs

In the market place
I hear people will complain
Every item is going up
Thanks to Ah Mo1 for the slide

In the market place
The noises gripped my mind
I make my way out
Watching the cars passing by


No comments: