Wednesday, January 11, 2017

if we can't care for animals


The black dog cries
Two nights in a row
Telling all his dog friends
Hinting to his owner
Death is at his corner
He wants to go
There is nothing to stop him
He has suffered in bad shape
The owner doesn't care or bother
The black dog grow thin of bones
Suffer in humility

I say a short prayer
Requesting God to take him away
The pain he has to endure
The owner doesn't care
The fellow dogs never bark
I wonder why these dogs keep silence

By morning I hear the dogs bark
I realize this is the dog's farewell
The black dog never cries in the morning
I guess the black dog has passed away

If we can't care for animals
Don't take as pets into the family
Now there is the Animal Welfare Act 2015
No mistreatments of the animals
A fine and jail will be imposed by the court
For the owners who fail to take care of animals


No comments: