Friday, January 27, 2017

the city once i stayed


The city once I stayed
Though traffic jams was usual
The minibuses catching business
The hell drivers zooming in

The impatient drivers
The pedestrians better walked faster
The drivers couldn't wait for the green
They were eager to press and fly

In the night
The night clubs and mamas
The girls under their charge
The dancing partners and side income

Until the wee hours of the morning
The way these girls operate their living
It was the money dreaming of a better life
Under the syndicate gangs hard to come by

The drug addicts and their smoking habits
The wasted lives losing all hope in their lives
Begging for money to get the next fix
I knew a chicken seller lost it all for drugs

I left the city
I didn't want to see the ills
I left my footprints and memories
Floating around with the wind


No comments: