Saturday, May 16, 2020

in memories of those gone


The olden years
The memories of those gone
Guys I grew up as a child
Trying to copy their way of life

The world in my eyes
These were the confident guys
They could take challenges
They even would challenge the police

There were chases and fights
Living in the kampong years gone by
The Black Maria came many times
Saw the police clashed with the bad guys

The detectives fought and injured
Of course the police would win
With their guns and handcuffs
The bad guys caught and sent to prison

One thing I learned
Be confident but don't do wrong
So one Malay guy told me
Don't be like him spend life in prison!”

The old memories of kampong life
Maybe the guys may have all gone by now
Leaving some fond memories of my young age
Living once in the rural landscape

No comments: