Wednesday, March 15, 2006

SPM and after

Results came for the SPM. One girl jumped from the school building but didnt die. She was admitted to hospital. What she learn in school for so many years? She forgot her sacrifices or her parents to put her there. Perhaps the education system should change to a softer approach not on the academic pursuits which I believe it won't help many young adults to learn in the living society. It is back to base zero for every one coming out from school or university. Paper alone or degree alone won't help enrich your life. It is how one approaches one's journey that would count in the end. So she thought she failed badly or perhaps got fewer As than what she expected. But taking own life to prove what? Failure in examination doesn't equal failure in life. In fact it is a different ball game altogether. The education system should streamline what a person is best at and encourage him/her to grow. Like music take everything about music, like history learn every subject on it and so on and so forth. In this way the basic grounding will be well established to those students to achieve a certain degree of success to pursue in the living stage of their lives. The education system is examination oriented that brought misery to those who couldn't do well academically. These group of people could be good with their hands not in the studying of texts....It reminded me during my school days when the result was released my school mate killed himself when he couldn't accept his result. In fact he was good in his classical dancing which he used to perform but in the end he felt his examination result wasnt good for him and so he lost his life just for a piece of paper. I always remembered that incident. So when I talked about it to people who worked under me before that life is important not the paper qualification. Enjoy life to the fullest. If you fail in you academic pursuit, it doesnt mean you fail. It only means you get the wrong answer but you learned something to make you a better person in life. I had lived through that and I have my life enjoyment which I think it is the best gift I got for myself....I had another classmate who failed but he said it was just a journey. In later years when I met him again he had qualified as an Accountant and with an MBA to boot. But he told me qualification doesn't translate it into a happy fullest life. Nope. He had to acquire his learning on his working environment. What he has is just a stepping stone to climb up the ladder. To me it is what I do that counts alot for myself. I enjoy my simple taste in life...

For those who fail, it doesn't mean the end of a life. Damn it is a journey....in fact it is just started..Use what you learned in school to push it forward to acquire what is good in the end. Examination is a human oriented system to test a person's knowledge but it doesn't mean it is the final product. Nope my friends....

Good morning Malaysia the biggest cabinet in the world. Perhaps it should be put in record..

No comments: