Monday, March 27, 2006

Tudung

The IGP ordered through his memo that all police women -Muslims and Non-Muslims- should wear tudung for the official parade. I think he should be sensitive on the issue of tudung. It is only meant for the Muslim women I am sure there is no protest amongst the Non-Muslims. Yet his memo is a blanket order for all police women which I think he violates the basic human rights in the Federal Constitution. He should be mindful of our multi-racial society with multi-religious upbringing. Though he conceded it is meant as an official attire during parade, I think he is insensitive to other races religions. He should make as a voluntary exercise for the police women to follow but then I think his senior officers may think differently. Even PM Abdullah Ahmad Badawi agreed to the tudung issue. So the PM has forgotten that his country is made up of different people with different faith. A few years ago he was touted as the moderate PM but I was aware that he could be manipulated easily...as the years had proven that he has misdirected his focus for the country. It is the political talk to win votes. Now the votes had been cast a different approach comes to irritate the people - water rates going to increase, electricity rates going to hike. The worst currently is the petrol hike of $0.30 which had made the working class suffer. I know because my $20 petrol only reaches 1/4 tank. It has shrunk by 50%! And now the tudung issue....Let the Muslim women wear it and leave out the Non Muslims...before it becomes worst for the country and people. All the small irritants will become a time bomb which will allow somebody to pounce on it and before we know it we are colonise once again! To me the government of today should be changed. It has become arrogant with speeches and statements. Time for other parties to lead the country. I have lived through BN for so long that the political leaders have no interest of the people and country....the statements made are to smoothen people's perception. To change a law or a piece of legislation it takes ages to see the light of day but when it is to their benefits it is so easily done and carried out. So like the tudung issue...

Goodnight Malaysia....wake up and make me proud in the days or years I walk on your soil

No comments: