Saturday, September 02, 2006

merdeka day


Image Preview









On Merdeka Day I did gardening. Oh...yes I passed through the padang but I didnt watch the parade. It started around 7.30am and dragged on until about 11.00am. I heard about the boring speeches. Why didnt the organizers make it a lively celebration on 31 August each year. Come 16 September will they do it for Malaysia Day? This time not many people flying the National Flags. Because of petrol hike, electricity hike, goods hike and toll hike. It could be a silent protest by the people. By next year petrol will be increased again to around $2.12/litre and toll charges will shoot up too. And dont forget the cycle on the other goods and services and the salaried workers pay will remain unchange. I rather did my gardening and forgetting about the fuss about. To me the government should highlight the people who make it happen besides Tunku, Tun Tan Cheng Loke and Tun Sambathan but other important personnel who took part in the formation and also people from Sabah and Sarawak..I remember my Merdeka in my mind and I feel proud to be one.

No comments: