Monday, January 22, 2007

the good feeling no more

LKY wants the BN Chairman to hold a conference to explain to the BN delegates about the economy of the country. He said he heard about the rumblings on the ground about the state of affairs in the country. I agree with LKY. People kept talking about the poor economic situation in the country yet our PM seems sitting coolly in his office. Perhaps his advisors never tell him what is happening on the ground. I don't think he needs it. He should walk his talk and he can know first hand about the sentiments of the rakyat. Imagine my bowl of laks has gone up to $2.80 up by 30% Now it has become too expensive in a small town where I plonked myself thinking that small town cost of living should be manageable as compared to KL or PJ or Shah Alam or even Klang. I know of these big towns where it can cost me anything from $5 a bowl to $8 on the roadside stall. Property slumps has arrived. The government never informs the public about the currrent situation. Many houses are left empty - sold or unsold? I don't know yet. Factories are closing down or shifting to other countries like Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and China. Even the FDI too had gone from the country. Only sometimes I heard about factory upgrading its facilities and then a beautiful write up was published. But the factories shut down werent put up for the public consumption. Lately I heard a factory in Nilai is going bust and affecting about 7,000 workers. Yet I dont hear any official reply in the press. Perhaps every one is busy reading about the floods in Johore. I pity the people there or even other states or my home state for that better for the greed and corruption on the wrong planning of developments. In the end the people have to suffer but the wrong approaches done by the government and greedy businessmen..As the saying goes 'we profit what we planted' I dont feel the bouncy glow in myself. I feel so quiet in the country. And I dont see our PM in the front pages of newspapers. Has he lost his magic touch now? Words he had won then but action needs to be desired. The economy is moving at a slow pace.....toll hikes again. People protest and got arrested (21 persons) But seditious speeches no arrest what say you oh Police?

No comments: