Sunday, January 14, 2007

the woes set in

No neighbour will help you unless you help yourself. This is the truth in any crime scene. You think your neighbour will play the good Samaritan for your troubles. I say you better get ready for the silent treatment. I came from a kampong village and I could differentiate the neighbourliness amongst the villagers but I couldn't find it happening in towns or cities. I am practically have to find ways to protect my home and myself. Crimes have increased in many parts of the country. You read in newspapers about robberies and snatch thieves. Yet it was always the faults of the victim not the thief so said a deputy minister. With this line of thinking coming from the Cabinet what chances have the ordinary people got? Houses on public auction announced in the newspapers. Many housing agents too have houses to sell. I already knew about the housing slum about 2 years ago yet the government never plays its role right. Jobs are not many to be found. Some factories had closed down or some shifted operations. The government should announce ways to curb factories shifting to China or Thailand or Vietnam. Incentives and packages must be very attractive to reign in these bosses to stay in the country. I feel the current PM doesn't feel the bouncy feeling on the economy. He is taking things very slow indeed! Now the floods in Johore getting worst with the falling rain. Many towns are affected and people are sent into flood relief centres. Now calling for volunteers to assist in relief work in Johore. I feel the situation will turn bad. Every little napoleon will try to be the king because this little man can get away with it. Because the top is sleeping!

No comments: