Wednesday, April 16, 2008

oh devil!



The Pontianak in Malacca
She appears and disappears
Scary images floating in my mind
As I recall my life in the kampong

The elders used to tell
Stories about beautiful Pontianak and her child
Always looking for pitying souls
Look after her child while she is gone

In the late of night
She appears in white silky dress
Flowing beautifully with the breeze
One can’t find a beauty such as this!

She gives the best entertainment
Nobody can claim it isn’t
But who will tell in the dark?
When it is done the poor soul gone mad

This is the folklore
It could be true along the lonely roads
Once I was told along Mersing Kota Tinggi Road
There was this young woman waiting at the bus stop
Smiling sweetly at the passing motorists
Then she disappeared into the dark trees….

Now we have another hantu
Shoveling expenses under entertainment
I don’t know what she spent
When it is said worth $1.4 million

The taxpayers’ money
Gone up in easy smoke
Like white silky dress
Fooling the eyes then disappear

Into the dark edges of romance
Like my old kampong of Pontianak
Telling stories of the unnatural
But this one we see in our eyes

I wish somebody catches the hantu
So the truth will be known
Now it could be buried in dark corridors
Like the Pontianak only night will tell
So we wait with our binoculars
Screening into the dim light streets………

No comments: