Thursday, January 27, 2011

the women of the night 3

Once she worked
As a receptionist
Back in the old hill of yesterdays
Hardworking sometimes fooling around

Learning her skills
Falling for the wrong guys
In the end her outlook changed
She left the hill

Once in Johore
I thought I saw her then
Driving an expensive car
Arriving in the hotel

My friend whispered to me
“She is hot on the list
Many clients she will serve
Royalty to the common”

She ignored me
For years she left the hill
We didn't acknowledge
I didn't know she was in that profession

She was young
Pretty and full of life
I heard she got married
Husband left leaving her with retarded kids

When age caught up with her
She would beg others for her services
A pity episode once I heard
She found out too late

Life is up and down
There is no permanency
One should remember on the ground
Friends you meet friends you leave behind

One day you will return
On the same road you will drive
You will see the familiar signs
You will know you need your friends

No comments: