Thursday, October 22, 2020

my vagabond life

 

Selangor my home state

During my younger days

I didn't see the huge water problem

She was on the massive developments stage


As the years gone by

Too many people too many jams

Traveling and enjoying life had gone

It became a stressful state to live in


I left Selangor ages ago

I lived on the hill

I lived on South and North

Finally I lived on the island


Then I moved to university town

Listening to the stories of heyday of tin

Of the tin mining ponds and suicide

One at the corner of the market


They called the Dead pond mining

Many died there in those years

One went fishing drowned

One emptied his waste but disappeared


Women jumped in and drowned

Love affairs gone wrong or money woes

The setbacks of life one should stand firm

Dead is giving up without learning how to fail


The town is easy going

Less traffic except during festive seasons

Moving about is like a breeze

Water problem fixed it within a few hours


So I stayed

Living the life I enjoy

Of course Selangor still stays with me

The State where I was born and schooled

No comments: