Saturday, November 13, 2010

the puppy has grown 212

The puppy has grown
Less barking now
On chain tying to the fence
No special treatment for the dog

The neighbour's pet
She wallops when it was small
“No barking you hear!”
The puppy grew learning lessons

Now a grown dog
It hardly barks
Wagging tail seeing owner
I guess hope to get a walk

It hardly happens
Unless her grandchildren come along
The dog will have a chance to walk
Out of the house to taste freedom

I can just see the dog
Lying with sad eyes
“Look at me
All grown up but a prisoner!”

A puppy dog hopes for the best
In the months when the new home
The future the dog hardly knows
All tying up with limited space to move

“Look at me now
I see my world
On the wall and the fence
In the warm heat

I can't go and play
I miss my childhood puppy days
I can't remember any
Look at me now

I dare not bark
I don't want to be whacked again
I have grown up know the lessons
On the wall and the fence”

No comments: