Wednesday, December 27, 2006

my experience in floods

I had my fair share of floods. During my early kampung days I had seen flooding in my village. It came suddenly in the early morning. The water raised up to 3 feet in less than 5 minutes. At that time I thought it couldnt happen but it did. The house was flooded but we didnt have many things of value so I swam out to take care of the logs. Many kampung friends came out to keep things or help others in need of extra hands. The only fear we had then was the water snake. It used to happen during flooding times. By afternoon the water subsided and we managed to wash and keep our things in order. The other was along the Temerloh trunk road on my way to Kuantan. The water level raised up which I didnt know then. I listened to the weather forecast which was sunny and I didnt know it was flooding in the town. My car managed to drive through but it was stalled in the middle of it luckily for me I managed to restart the car and drove to higher ground. The last one was quite scary. I was going to Bahau. The police man asked me to drive through the oncoming water and my car swerved to the left inching nearer to the stream. I got my hair stood on end because of the pullin effect of the water. Again I managed to cross it safely. I blew a sign of release....Nowadays I am on dry land....selamat selalu...

No comments: