Thursday, May 03, 2007

dirty here and there and what else?

The Arabs complained about dirty beaches, overcharging taxis, ovePr charging shopowners....mind you Malaysia is promoting VMY 2007. As they say "Customer is king" which I personally dont subscribe to it (Like the voters are king but you think the BN government takes you seriously? Think about it. BN wants your vote then BN forgets you. You complain until you have no voice, BN still forgets you. Until the next election or by election. Likewise too with agencies/government departments or public companies or contractors or your own neighbours, they too dont care what you complain. This is the culture here and it takes much effort to move the hill...) I can understand the tourists dilemma visiting the beaches and hill resorts. Those in the industry should be pr0active to look after their own areas or turf. Penang beach is dirty.....I can vouch for it. It has been going for years yet it is never fully kept clean. Penang has lost her shine years ago. When I was staying there for years, I already knew people complained about the dirty beaches. Yet nothing was really done to clean up the beach. The maintenace was on adhoc basis...Cameron Highlands is smelly and dirty too. I thought at one time I wanted to buy a property there. I went up to look see but I found Cameron Highlands has changed. It isnt the hill resort I once knew. I haven't closed my eyes on Cameron Highlands yet. Maybe in the next couple of years...The Arabs are the arrogant people. They think the country producing oil and rich they can throw their weight around. In Langkawi the Malay taxi drivers dumped them. They refused to ferry them too. The Arabs too take the locals as if their slaves. Can you stomach it when you see Arabs directing the locals to carry a mineral bottle from the taxi? They could just carry it with them. No. The Arabs demanded it. I think the Minister should interview the locals to find out. Customer just can't be king and make life miserable for those in the industry. Our tourist spots are not maintaining in tip top conditions which I can't deny it. The town councils and JKR should have checked it. If these people can use their tea-breaks to walk around, I believe much can be achieved. Dirty toilets, Dirty beaches. Unhygienic hawker stalls or restaurants. Overcharging taxis (even with locals using it; enforcing it for a while then forgets it. Like in Penang talk and talk still the taxi drivers rudely won't follow rules or KLIA) Ah this is Malaysia - passed so many laws and rules which become like too many cooks spoil the food..And I always dream Malaysia should throw away all the laws and draft new ones; maybe take some insights from the religious texts...We are still in the 3rd world mentality anyway..

No comments: