Thursday, May 17, 2007

let the wounds be healed









May 13 book is going to be banned? Are the government so afraid of history? The Alliance government gave its "official version" why May 13 happened 38 years ago. During those times important documents and pictures were kept by the then government. Even those times Tunku was sidelined by Razak and his co-horts with a purposeful plan to topple Tunku. When I heard in my growing up years was not conforming to the "official version" of the events. Lucky for me I was staying and living in a kampong style atmosphere. When the incident happened in KL, nothing was happened in this multi-racial integrated kampung village. We went about our normal businesses -the Malays,Chinese, Indians and other races. There wasnt any single clashes within the community. Ministry seizes controversial May 13 book-by Dr Kua Kia Soong. We need leaders who are open minded and let history presented in its positive perspective. The BN government is trying to suppress the knowledge about the incidents so that the people would accept its official version. The BN should come clean on it and let the people decide the course the country will lead. I think we are living in a lie of May 13. As I recalled I was there in my old kampong "protecting my uncle's house" against any undesirable groups coming into the kampung then together with my eldest brother. We took turn to patrol the area with our own made spears made of steel. We were young and angry about the incidents. First report we heard was the Malay mobs killed 2 Chinese in Kampong Baru. Second report we heard was the Army helping its own people. Third report was Harun Idris was the man behind the incident when Selangor lost its 2/3 majority in the State Assembly. It was a conflicting game in our minds. At night I heard gunshots in Klang town. Lucky for me the night went off without any incident. Maybe God is around for us...I think back I believe He is there all the times. Even when I am growing up and until now, He is there for me. When I ask for help He always there for me. It is a fact to me. I havent bought the book yet. My wish let the book be read by all concerned rakyat and let the wounds be healed once and for all.

No comments: