Wednesday, April 13, 2011

the model 11


The warlords gathered in session
The grimed faces showing it all
“How is he?”
“It is touch and go”

“We owe it to him
For what he has done for us
Now that he is fighting for his life
We too are facing our political dilemma”

“We have to fight
We can't give up now
We have ruled for decades
This election will not make any difference!”

“You forgot the ground has changed
So much bad publicity on white rajah's wealth
I believe there are truths in the report”
“Even he has accumulated his wealth, we can't say it”

“WE can't hide from the people
There are sources they could verify the report
We are in deeper troubles than before
I suggest we use him as a last minute effort”

“No we can't do that
It will be a bad taste trigger our doom
We must campaign on what we had done
In this way we can safe ourselves”

“We have lost the hinterland villagers
There is this local activist campaigning for change
She was effective in influencing the locals
We have no other to challenge her”

“Our people never heard of her
Suddenly she was the local champion
Attacking us and our policies
The battle cry “Change let us be free!”

“We can use our laws to detain her”
“You are just crazy which spells our doom!
We should let her campaigns
We shouldn't do hasty decision”

“Our leader in ICU
We have a native tearing us apart
We should contain her
So the natives will vote us!”


The warlords couldn't agree
Which branch of the law to use
In this election everything counted
One wrong move the doom prevailed

They couldn't agree
So they left the matter as it was
They had to formulate what to do
Their own leader in ICU

They left for lunch
Each gone back to their own party
They hoped to convince their supporters
Everything was as usual

The black witch pointed at Model
“You have to come with me
I tolerate no nonsense from you
And Jargon stay where you are

I am going to talk to your sister
This is a woman's matter......
I know my sister will not approve
Bless her soul she was gone in heaven”

“But aunty we are in campaign to change
The government of the day here and now!”
“Young woman you listen to me first
I am your aunt so you better listen!”

“The present state of affairs
I am to blame for all it is worth
I was the one who made it happened
For the white raja and his warlords

Those were the years gone by
I was greedy for wealth and easy life
I used black magic to turn the whole State
Into believing the white rajah would help them

I was wrong in many ways
White raja got his bargained
I got nothing banished to the forest
By my mother and my sister

They had the power over me
For decades they held me there
While the white raja prospered
I was living in the miserable forest

Now I want to amend my ways
Through you, my dear niece, to set me free
You are the only one in the family who has the gift
Otherwise how you influence these villagers?”


Jargon strained his ears to listen
What he heard was the whispering wind
He could make what they were discussing
Broken Tooth had no interest in them

“Come Jargon we better plan
There are many villages we must go
We must do our part to effect the change
We have been in the darkness for so long”

“Ai ya Broken Tooth!
We can't work alone
Without Model helping along
We can't attract the crowd

So I suggest we wait here
So what my aunt telling my sister to do
I heard stories about my aunt
She practiced the black art of magic

My father told us then
She could influence a big circle
What she wanted you to do
Nobody could escape her clutches

She was a mean witch
She made people suffer and then pain
She was a powerful witch in those days
Only my grandmother and mother could hold her

One day they banished her to the forest
Until the day they died she could be free
Now I believe my aunt is walking angry witch
She may want her revenge....”

“You are talking rubbish
Your aunt want revenge?
On you? Or your sister?
Both of you never banish her to the forest”

Jargon switched on his radio
He listened to the news.....
“The white rajah hasn't recovered
Now the doctors are puzzled”

Broken Tooth listened too
“His body is sinking by itself
As if there is a vacuum sucking him dry
The doctors tried many methods but failed”

No comments: