Thursday, August 03, 2006

is our homes safe?









Nowadays we read report of snatch thieves, robbers and murders in the local newspapers. It didnt happen so often many decades ago. Now we hear it happens. The police should release the statistics on racial composition to pin down the culprits doing us a disfavour for making our homes unsafe. I think the country should stop employing outsiders to help the economy's growth. I know some construction or service industries will say they need them. Dont we see it as a time bomb to explode in future? Currently we see these foreigners committing crimes in broad day light.( I dont have stats to proof but according to neighbours and friends it points that direction) You walk through any housing estate or condominium/apartment you will see every one is putting up grilled doors for the whole house/condo/apartment. In the end this security measure can be a death trap if there is no alternative escape route in case of fire. Likewise I have my house all grilled up and with CCTV. In case of fire I can escape within 2o minutes....out to the garden then to the side roads and then there is a fire hydrant near my house...but if robbers come in that's another story.....Check your neighbours too whether they are friendly or kind to observe any one pretending to do something or what which I think it is a good part to make some friends around in case something happens...

No comments: