Thursday, June 14, 2007

water is free but we paid so high

Water is the people's commodity. Yet the government is placing the concessions agreement under OSA. Is the government trying to hide something from the people? This is the government for the people yet contracts are placed under OSA. There is no logic in my view. God give us water to survive. No company or persons involved should make money out of the free resources. As I used to comment, government privatization projects won't survive in the long run. TNB has to raise its rates to survive because the people pay for it. I can do this job....in my previous company I raised $0.10 without much effort and I raked in the money from the customers. It is very simple- things belong to the people should be handled by the elected government for the people. The elected government doesnt think about the people; only small projects here and there and the leaders make noises from the sky to the ground. Sad really since it benefits those cronies or companies linked to the leaders in the government service. I hold the view water and other utilities should remain in the elected government hands.....I remembered long ago Dr M wanted this way so that he could reduce government spending....But reality the government employees increase. Is it really working? Now I hope the court will make a ruling favourable to the people's needs. The concession agreement must be published without cuts for the public consumption.....so we wait

No comments: